Photo via: canarystreetcrafts.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Update: Weve tested two new techniques for dyeing glass jars. Check them out here! Remember the Mod Podge + food coloring technique for painting clear glass? That was cool and all, but I spotted another method using Vitrail glass paint and acetone (nail polish remover) that allows the bottles and jars to be used as actual vases, as the finish is waterproof! This treatment provides for more depth of color as well. Head on over to our updated post to get more details!
- The art of book binding is an ancient craft, but actually it is not very difficult to do and with almost no practice you can get really awesome results. If you are on the lookout for fun craft projects or quick ways of making nice presents and gifts, then this could be the project for you. I know that there are other Instructables on the art of book binding but this project is meant to be a simple quick project that will give a very acceptable finish, and a book that looks like it has been professionally made, yet without the need for any special equipment. All you will need is: Some paper Minimum really is about 32 A4 or US Letter sized sheets, to make a half A4 (half US Letter sized book), although smaller books can be made as can ones with more pages. You can use tracing …
- Like unusual and unique lighting? Need a great accent light for your kitchen or mantle? This greenish gold wine bottle light is embellished with a nice mixture of gold, clear, and frosted glass gems, silk and gold metal leaves, grapevine, wire, and berries. This light is very pretty whether it’s plugged in or not. It would make a super cool gift while making a strong statement that you support the idea of upcycled and repurposed items. Why throw something away when you can make something awesome out of it, right? Thanks for looking! Check out my other unique items at http://www.etsy.com/shop/booklooks
- An easy step-by-step tutorial for finishing raw wood or furniture. With this technique you can apply a Farmhouse Style Finish to your next DIY project.
- Acrylic Painting: For Beginners! – The Complete Step By Step Instructions to Painting Techniques, Landscape Painting and Portrait Painting! (Acrylic Painting Techniques, How To Paint) – Kindle edition by Megan Carter. Crafts, Hobbies & Home Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
- How to make a cake stand inspired by Martha Stewart… for just two bucks! Thats the magic of the dollar store and a little spray paint!
- How To Paint Furniture from NewtonCustomInteriors.com. Learn how to get a smooth finish for your next painting project. Detailed video and written instructions.
- This cute menu board is an easy DIY project that will help you get organized for meal planning and add a touch of fun to your home decor. A double win! It could also be used for organizing your weekly schedule or family appointments.
- Four mirror tiles and one ceramic tile (for the base – cheaper than a mirror tile, especially since the bottom/inside wont be seen anyway); glue felt on bottom to keep ceramic tile base from scratching furniture, countertop, etc. This would also make a pretty container for makeup brushes on a vanity – just put cheap (but pretty!) beads inside, then stand your brushes up in the beads.
- Why use so many colors to paint a white chair? In order to create a finish that looks like ones you see on antiques and vintage furniture, you must create a depth and texture that extremely hard wi…
- This DIY Dollar Tree mirrored centerpiece project can be made with items bought from the Dollar Tree. I love this mirrored box because it can be changed from season to season, or even decorated for the holidays! It’s super easy to make and looks great on a dining room table.
- The most common use for wax paper may be found in the kitchen, but it can also be used for a glamorous display to brighten a dinner party or upgrade any room.